Telemedicine has become a a great tool that connects patients with medical professionals in real-time, anywhere in the planet. With technology like video conferencing and smartphones, you can connect with your Surgeon in order to establish a trustworthy relationship since the very beginning. Right from the comfort of your home you are able to address questions, doubts and concerns.
Preparing your Teleconsultation
- Choosing a private place, with good light and as quite as possible is absolutely necessary.
- Be right on time making sure that there is no time difference with your Surgeon because maybe you are in PST and he/she is in EST
- Considering technical aspects is important when using FaceTime (for Mac users), WhatsApp, TaqTik Zoom or Google Meet. It is important that your camera is on and the sound is good.
- Sharing your lifestyle. Your Surgeon may ask you about your job and family, if you exercise, about any allergies you may have, medications you are on, etc.
- Talking about your expectations about the surgery is a must. He/she needs to know what are your needs and desired outcome.
- Having your Questions List is of the utmost importance. Do not be afraid to ask your Surgeon anything you feel it is necessary. You need to feel confident about having him/her performing your surgery.
Your Questions Check List
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- What procedures do you recommend in order to fulfill my expectations?
- How will you perform my procedures and what surgical technique will you use?
- Will I stay overnight at the hospital or is this procedure ambulatory ?
- What kind of anesthesia will you use and how long will I be in the OR ?
- Will you be assisted by another Surgeon during my operation ?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- For how long will I need to wear compression garments ?
- After how many days will you remove the drains ?
- When can I go back to work?
- How many months will it take to start seeing the results of my procedure ?
- Can I contact you once I am back home ?
- Are there any risks and complications associated with my procedure ?
After your teleconsultation, you will be certain if he/she is the one of a kind Surgeon who will make your dreams come true. In some countries like Mexico and Dominican Republic, many of our Surgeons provide 20 mins. on complimentary basis, depending on your specific case. It is up to you to make the best out of it !
For more information, leave me a note or contact me directly at [email protected]