We are starting a new year with hope of a brighter future. The thought of leaving behind 2020 brings a sense of relief after so many challenges. The 2021 resolution starts today and is all about the new you. Mind, body and spirit have to be in sync to have a great life. Becoming a better version of yourself is exciting. Cosmetic Surgery is a tool for you to change the areas of your body that you want to improve. Guiding you every step of the way is our goal. Looking amazing and feeling wonderful is yours !
Being well prepared for your cosmetic surgery is of utmost importance for a perfect full recovery. Following instructions to the letter ensures a safe experience and a good outcome. Below is the check list that you will be provided to get ready one month before your surgery. Keep in mind that if for any reason you are unable to comply with these instructions to the letter, you must notify your Cosmetic Consultant Manager. We are all about “patient safety first” and our priority is your health.
Four Weeks Before Surgery
- Stop Smoking – Smoking can greatly impair your ability to heal. You must be nicotine and smoke-free for at least four weeks prior to surgery. You must also be free of any nicotine patch, ecig, gum, or nicotine-based products.
- Stop Taking Vitamin Supplements – As well as Estrogen supplements, Aspirin, Ibuprofen and any other anti-inflammatory agents for the duration before your surgery. Taking any of the following can increase your risk of bleeding along with other complications. If you are taking folic acid, you can continue to do so.
- Medications – If you are on any medications regularly, let us know. We will inform your surgeon.
- Practice Fitness – No engaging in an aggressive or new routine. However, practicing good fitness habits is an impotant factor in your overall health. Stretching excerscises and low-weight strenght can help to enhance your posture and your strength in the weeks following surgery.
- Good Nutrition – Eat well during the weeks prior to surgery. Crash dieting, over eating or high alcohol intake can greatly affect your overall health. A healthy and balanced diet is essential.
- Healthy Lifestyle – Maintaining the best of health and higiene is quite important. Catching a cold or other illness can result in your surgery being rescheduled. Make certain to address any illness immediately, and notify your Cosmetic Consultant Manager of any change in your health.
- Prepare and Plan – Schedule any time off work and any support you may need at home in the days following surgery. These may include housework, childcare, shopping, driving, etc.
- Select a Companion – It is recommended to travel with a companion so you can dedícate your post surgery time to relax and heal. If you are traveling by yourself, it is recommended for you to stay in one of our recovery homes or in a confortable hotel closeby the hospital and Surgeon’s office.
- Relax and Enjoy – Stress and anxiety over life’s daily events can affect your lifestyle. If you are experiencing serious stress or distress over the thought of surgery, let us know. We are here to support you.
Three Weeks Before Surgery
- Avoid Second-Hand Smoke – Your healing and health depend heavily on this.
- Avoid Sun Exposure – Sun damaged skin can rapidly produce irregular scars.
Three Days Before Surgery
- Start Packing – Your Passport, ID, medications that you may be taking and reading glasses are priority. Warm, clean cotton socks, and baggy clothing with buttons or zip at the front is the perfect choice.
- Wax or Shave – Your bikini área, legs and arm pits (if necessary). It may be uncomfortable to do so in the days immediately after surgery.
- Shower – Use an anti-bacterial fragrance fee soap. Shampoo your hair.
- Do Not – Do not use any hair gel or other styling products, scented skin creams or moisturizers. Do not use deodorant, hair spray, perfume or cosmetics.
- Remove – Remove all piercings, finger nail and toe nail polish.
Two Days Before Surgery
- Fly to your Destination – Check in and unpack. Relax and get ready for your journey.
One Day Before Surgery
- Pre-Operative Tests – Bloodwork, EKG and Chest X Ray are to be performed.
- Pre-Operative Consultation – Your Surgeon will check your results and discuss everything about your surgery.
- Meals – Do not eat anything after midnight. No cany, gum or mints.
- Relax – Find a couple of hours to jump into the pool. Relax and enjoy the day before your surgery !
Your Surgery Day
Essentials – Do not wear cosmetics, jewelry, contact lenses, hair clips, body piercing (if there is something you cannot remove, let the admitting nurse know right away).
Dress Code – Wear comfortable, clean, loose-fitting clothing. Do not wear jeans or any tight-fitting bottom. Rather have a pair of loose, drawstring sweatpants. Wear slip on, flat shoes with a slip proof sole and no heels. Wear clean cotton socks; the operating room can feel cold. Wear a zip or button front top and avoid turtlenecks.
Requesting your Firmquote™
If you have not yet request your Firmquote and you are planning to have your cosmetic surgery done in the next couple of months, go ahead and click here. It will include your medical history and photos. We will forward your complete file to our Surgeon in order to obtain his feedback and a taylor-made quote for you. We also invite you to check our standard price list in our website or just download our App available for Android and Apple. You can also join our community where you can chat with any of us.
Scheduling your Teleconsultation
Teleconsultation is one of the most powerful tools that we can use to connect you with your Surgeon abroad. You can read much more about it in my article: How to be Ready for your Teleconsultation
For more information, leave me a note or you can write to me directly at [email protected]