The goal of a Thigh Lift surgery, also known as Thighplasty, is to reduce the excess skin and fat of the thighs. This procedure reshapes your lower body providing a curved contour with smoother skin. When fitness and weight control efforts have not shown any benefits, this may be the solution. On the other hand, if you have had a weight loss surgery, over the following months you may develop excess thigh skin. This may happen if your skin elasticity is poor. In this case, a Thigh Lift + Liposuction may be recommended.
Types of Thigh Lift
- Inner Thigh Lift – This procedure is also known as Medial Thigh Lift. The incisions go from the groin down toward your knee, and/or towards the back of the thigh area.
- Outer Thigh Lift – This procedure is also known as Lateral Thigh Lift. The incision starts in the groin area and extends outward to the hip and lower back.
- Vertical Thigh Lift – This procedure targest all areas with larger and extended incisions down to the knees.
- Posterior Thigh Lift – This procedure targets the back of the thighs and buttocks. Cellulite accumulation causes the skin to become dimpled and saggy.
- Spiral Tigh Lift – This procedure is known as the 360 thigh lift. It is recommended after major weight loss to reshape all areas.
- Mini Thigh Lift – This procedure only involves an incision in the groin area. Its focus is only the upper-inner part of the thigh.
Keep in mind that Liposuction alone can remove the excess fat. If your skin has good elasticity, then your cosmetic surgeon will recommend this procedure. Then your skin will naturally conform to the new body contour. This procedure can be performed successfully on the outer and inner thighs. Usually the common concern of women is that the stubborn fat causes their inner thighs to rub against one another. If this is your specific case, the Cosmetic Surgeon may recommend a Thigh Liposuction.
The main goal is to get rid of the small deposits of fat. It has not proven to be effective for cellulite or obesity. One of the main targets of this procedure is the “banana roll”. This is the area under the buttocks located on the upper posterior part of the thigh. The Cosmetic Surgeon has to avoid excess fat removal in this area to avoid the buttocks to sag. Additionally, Fat Grafting (Brazilian Butt Lift) can also be perfomed to reshape your lower body with a curved and sexy contour.
You can also read our other articles for further information:
Requesting your Cosmetic Firmquote™
If you are planning to have your cosmetic surgery done in the next couple of months, go ahead and request your firmquote: click here. It will include your medical history and photos. We will forward your complete file to our Surgeons in order to obtain their feedback and a taylor-made quote for you. We also invite you to check our standard price list in our website or just download our App available for Android and Apple. You can also join our community where you can chat with any of us.
Requesting your Dental Firmquote™
If you would like to combine your cosmetic surgerie with dental treatments, just fill in your medical history and upload your panoramic x-rays and photos. In the next couple of days we will provide you with a taylor-made quote and the Surgeons feedback. Go ahead and click here
Scheduling your Teleconsultation
Teleconsultation is one of the most powerful tools that we can use to connect you with your Surgeon abroad. You can read much more about it in my article: How to be Ready for your Teleconsultation. Once you have requested your firmquote, you will be offered a teleconsultation via zoom, meet, whatsapp or signal. Depending on your specific case, it may be complimentary or it may have a cost. It is fun and you will have the opportunity to address any concerns or doubts you may have. Go for it !
If you have any questions, doubts or concerns about this article, please leave a note for our Customer Care Manager. Or please feel free to write to me directly at [email protected]