The Spring Equinox marks a new beginning. It is the perfect time of the year to start something you have been postponing. Why not dedicate a specific spring resolution to enhance your eyes. It is time for a new look that dramatically improves your image. While there are many cosmetic surgeons that can definitely change your looks, Blepharoplasty is the one which literally makes a difference. It is a common procedure for women and men over 35 years old, and it has proven amazing results.
The Most Beautiful Feature Of your Face
Eyes are considered the most beautiful feature of the face. Reason why, it is very important to follow an effective skin care regimen to maintain a youthful look. Nevertheless, at some point in age, your eyes may look tired and wrinkled. When this happens, a Blepharoplasty, also known as Eyelid Surgery may be the right fit. This procedure alters the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids. It removes puffy bags under the eyes, corrects dropping eyelids, and restores a youthful look.
Types of Eyelid Surgery
- Cosmetic: The Surgeon removes the excess skin and fat deposits. However, excess fat may be redistributed for better results. This procedure is considered only for aesthetic purposes.
- Functional: This procedure is usually determined as medically necessary. In this procedure, the skin obscuring the field of vision is removed.
Full, Upper & Lower Eyelid Surgery
- Upper Eyelid – This surgery is considered when the upper eyelids are puffy or sagging. The surgeon will remove the excess skin and fat tissue. Then the upper eyelid will be pulled out and elevated. The incision is placed in the upper crease of the eyelid. This eliminates visible scarring.
- Lower Eyelid – This one corrects puffy or sagging lower eyelids. The stubborn fat deposits will be removed or redistributed and excess skin will be removed. The surgeon will make an incision directly beneath the lower eyelash. The scar will be hidden.
- Full Eyelid Surgery – This is a combination of both procedures and it is highly recommended. It can dramatically change your appearance. The surgeon will recommend if this is what you need, depending on your specific case and expectations.
You will need 9-14 nights in order to perfect full recover. After this time, swelling is expected to be gone. However, plenty of rest and no exposure to the sun is important- No smoking and avoiding second hand smoke should be followed to the letter. Putting ice on your eye can be done only if your surgeon recommends it. Following to the letter your post-operatory care recommendations will be worth it. You will be surprised with your new you and with the amazing results !
How old should I be to undergo Eylid Surgery ?
You need to be at least 35 years old. However, most surgeons recommend to have it done in your 50’s for ideal results.
Requesting your Cosmetic Firmquote™
If you are planning to have your cosmetic surgery done in the next couple of months, go ahead and request your firmquote: click here. It will include your medical history and photos. We will forward your complete file to our Surgeons in order to obtain their feedback and a taylor-made quote for you. We also invite you to check our standard price list in our website or just download our App available for Android and Apple. You can also join our community where you can chat with any of us.
Requesting your Dental Firmquote™
If you would like to combine your cosmetic surgery with dental treatments, you just need to fill in your medical history and upload your panoramic x-rays and photos. In the next couple of days we will provide you with a taylor-made quote and the Surgeons feedback. Go ahead and click here
Scheduling your Teleconsultation
Teleconsultation is one of the most powerful tools that we can use to connect you with your Surgeon abroad. You can read much more about it in my article: How to be Ready for your Teleconsultation. Once you have requested your firmquote, you will be offered a teleconsultation via zoom, meet, whatsapp or signal. Depending on your specific case, it may be complimentary or it may have a cost. It is fun and you will have the opportunity to address any concerns or doubts you may have. Go for it !
For any further qustions or comments, please feel free to leave us a note. Or you may contact us directly: